What’s the Difference Between a Mobile Website and an App?
A mobile website can exist in conjunction with your existing desktop website. Its relatively straightforward as long as a few basic truths about mobile are realized. For example a mobile website needs to be far simpler in appearance. A restricted amount of text helps a mobile website to be more readable and simpler to navigate. This means that the most important stuff must be shown first and the content must be concise.
Advantages of a Mobile Website
- Easier to read content – no pinching and zooming to read a page of text
- Instant updates – updates automatically
- Easy to find and share – works in similar fashion to your favorite social sharing site
- Look and feel – works similar to the applications on your mobile like swiping and selecting
Advantages of a Mobile App
- Designed for a mobile – Easy to navigate to icon
- One-on-one engagement – designed for you. Keeps your saved preferences
- Establishes a digital presence – gives you or your company a professional look and feel
- Its Cool!Email or contact Form
- Interface design and User Experience Design
- Application registration – itunes, Windows 8 and Android
- Custom Graphics and Logo Design
- Database Integration with an existing server